April 29, 2018
April 29th is our annual Hands and Feet Service Day. Join us as we make a difference in our community in the name of Jesus! We encourage everyone, young and old to participate as we again have projects for all ages, abilities and likes. The list and sign up sheets for the projects and t-shirts are located in the Narthex or you can sign up below. Please sign up for a t-shirt by April 13th!! Questions? Contact Shannon Wyont.
Projects for our Hands and Feet Community Service Day on April 29th, 2018
- Lighthouse: Team Leader: Scott and Claire Allen Priority one: trim bushes, cut grass and cut tree limbs, shampoo conference room carpet, patch and paint walls and add light kit to two ceiling fans. Priority two: remove existing cabinets and install shelves, remove stalls in 4 bathrooms, add components to drainage around building.
- Mercy Medicine: Team Leader: Kristen and Jeff Perkins Cutting grass, trimming bushes, raking, spraying round up, putting out straw, planting flowers in existing pots, clean windows, build cabinets and paint cabinets, clean air conditioner vents on the ceiling, clean glass at front of building and around secretary office and provide some simple cleaning and organization as necessary.
- Trellis Apartments: Team Leaders: Becky Brown and Karen Romanyzyn Music, devotion, games and donuts with the adults with disabilities served by the Florence County Disability and Special Needs Board. If anyone has corn hole or other games- indoor or outdoor- please bring.
- Boys and Girls Club: Team Leader: Bruce Harris and Tony Price Build and paint up to six bookshelves
- Whosoever Church: Team Leader: Richard Smith and Curt Whaley Clean the floors, wipe down chairs and door frames, simple organization, run a new wire for and install two ceiling fans. Also install an outdoor light (wiring in place).
- Carolinian: Team Leader: Laurie Poston and Beth Behling: Painting a mural in two hallways.
- Help 4 Kids: Team Leader: Sandra Powell Packing food bags for Florence School District Elementary Schools.
- Foster Care Clothing Closet: Team Leader: Melissa Jarrell Organizing, sorting and tagging donated items.
- Pee Dee Thrift: Team Leaders: Beth and Michael Prosser Paint wall in men’s department, pressure wash parking lot side and back of building, clean windows inside and out, clean carpet and wipe down leather furniture in office, simple cleaning.
- In Motion: Team Leader: Jeannette Braswell and Jennifer Price Traveling to nursing homes and Trellis apartments.
- Donuts and Coffee: Team Leader: Hope Whaley Handing out donuts and coffee/juice/water and a prayer card in our second loop parking lot.
- Prayer in Sanctuary: Team Leaders: Shirley Hearn and Marguerite Willis The sanctuary will be open for private prayer time for any and everyone.
- Church activities: There are activities for all ages and abilities. Baking cookies and delivering to public safety, nurses, hospice. Team Leader: Jan Skillman ;Preparing UMCOR Health Kits: Team Leader: Brian Cook ; Paint encouragement Rocks: Team Leader: Shannon Wyont; Decorate pillow cases for Africa Mission: Team Leader: Traci Riley; Making placemats for Meals on Wheels: Team Leader: Wanda Dalrymple
- Lunch: Team Leader: Charlotte Messier/ Brooke Ridgeway/ Sonja Tedder In Fields Center beginning at 12:30 for those who get finished with their projects early. Please join us for lunch and fellowship.